Each year, the CMTUK community gets together at its annual conference to learn, share, meet and have fun.
This year, we will be hosting our virtual conference, the CMTUK Conference 2022.
Come join us! Everyone is welcome.
This year’s online CMTUK Conference 2022 will take place on Friday 6th May and Saturday 7th May, straight after our online AGM.
Following on from last year’s online conference, we have lots of fascinating and CMT-relevant speaker sessions lined up for you, plus the return of the ‘ask the sponsors’ session.
Each of the live sessions includes a Q&A section, where you can put your question to the speakers. There is also an opportunity for you to join the social lounge, where you can meet likeminded people from the CMT community and meet some of CMTUK’s trustees.
Here is the line-up*:
Day 1 (Friday 6th May):
- 11am: CMTUK’s Patron, Professor Mary Reilly, the UK’s leading authority on CMT. Mary is Professor of Neurology at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology: Opportunities and challenges in CMT therapy development
- 12.30pm: Social lounge and chat with some of the Trustees
- 2pm: Tom Woods, Senior Orthotist, NHS: ‘how to use orthotic principals to enhance function and improve the life of individuals with CMT’
- 3.30pm: Pain Clinic with Alison Wickham and Sarah Sturman, Dorset Pain Management Service: ‘the science of pain, and the 4 pillars of self-management’
- 4.45pm: Karin Rodgers, CMTUK Kids Update
Day 2 (Saturday 7th May):
- 10am: Dr Gita Ramdharry, Consultant Allied Health Professional in Neuromuscular Diseases at the Queen Square/ MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, UCLH
- 11.45: Ed Sum, Occupational Therapist: ‘What occupational therapists can do for you’
- 12.45: Social lounge and chat with some of the Trustees
- 2pm: Fiona Collier and Holly Sizer, Physiotherapists: ‘The benefits of Aquatherapy. It’s good to sometimes find yourself in hot water!’
- 3.15pm: CMT Research: This session is presented by Dr Alan MacDonald, Chair of the CMTUK Research Committee, with an update from Matt Welck.
- 4.15: Ask the sponsors. Each of the sponsors will showcase their latest CMT-friendly products and services, whilst answering questions from the CMT community. (See details about the sponsors below)
*Details of speakers and topics are correct at the time of publishing details. However, circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions of speakers and topics for which we cannot be held responsible.
We have kept our prices low to encourage as many people to attend as possible. Here are details of the ticket prices:
£14 each for members
£24 each for non-members or medical professionals
New for 2022: £14 each for students, helping potential CMT practitioners of the future to learn more about our community.
The ticket price gives you access to all of the speaker sessions and the social lounge (open between the speaker sessions) throughout the 2 day conference.
If you are unable to attend any of the live sessions, we will send a link of recorded sessions to ticketholders after the conference.
How to Book Your Ticket
Click the button below to book your tickets.
Or feel free to call our office on 01202 474203 for more information.
About The Sponsors
‘Strive for Better’. It’s not just our slogan; it’s our way of seeing the world. It’s the driving force behind our history, philosophy and innovation and is why we have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence. As an independent provider of prosthetic, orthotic, silicone and rehabilitation services, we pride ourselves in providing total rehabilitation for our patients. It’s this bespoke service and attention to detail that has gained us our reputation for quality and personalised service for almost 30 years. For further details, please visit www.dorset-ortho.com
SpecialKids.Company is a UK based company specialising in adaptive clothing, footwear and accessories for children and teens with special needs. Sasha Radwan, the founder of the company wanted to make sure that ‘every child should be seen & not hidden’ and that’s now possible with the range of products available. SpecialKids.Company is the UK distributor for Billy Footwear which has changed the way children and adults can wear shoes. The FlipTop technology allows the wearer to zip their feet in and has changed the lives of many toddlers, children & adults including those wear splints.
CMTUK is a UK charity, working to support those who are affected by Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. To find out more about our charity click here. Or to find out more about Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, click here. If you are interested in becoming a member of CMT UK, click here.
We look forward to seeing as many of you at our conference as possible. After all, it’s a conference made especially for you, the CMT Community.
Simon Bull, CEO of CMTUK
This conference is supported by an educational grant from Pharnext.