GP training module
Muscular Dystrophy UK and the Royal College of General Practitioner (RCGP) have come together to develop a new online eLearning module for GPs. The purpose of this module is to provide helpful information on the presentation and primary care management of muscle-wasting conditions.
The module is case-based, and covers how to recognise and manage some of the more common muscle wasting conditions.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Get in touch
The module focuses particularly on the following muscle-wasting or neuro-muscular conditions:Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT)
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Becker muscular dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSH)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Myotonic dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- McArdle disease (acute rhabdomyolysis)
After completing this online eLearning module, you will be able to:
- Understand the spectrum of muscle-wasting conditions
- Identify the key presenting features of the more common muscle-wasting conditions
- Describe management, including the importance of multidisciplinary care
The module takes 60 minutes to complete and comes with 1 accredited CPD point.
The eLearning module is available at elearning.rcgp.org.uk/neuromuscular